If you think you’re a candidate for your state’s program, the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor and get evaluated so you can get a medical marijuana recommendation. All states that have legalized medical marijuana have created medical marijuana cards to keep track of patients using the drug legally. The only way you are legally protected is to have a valid medical cannabis delivery Halifax card issued by your state after a doctor has examined you and recommended medical marijuana for your medical condition. How to get the card is an important step to follow here.
Top 5 Things You Need to Know About Medical Cannabis
There are several important things you should know about medical marijuana. Here are the top 5 things you should know before getting a medical cannabis card to be as prepared as possible.
1. Medical cards are only issued in 15 states. Check that week to see if your card is on the list.
2. You can’t get a prescription for marijuana, you just need a card that gives you state-legal protection and access to marijuana dispensaries.
3. It is illegal to drive or operate machinery when using this. The laws governing alcohol use remain the same.
4. Medical cannabis card issuance is only valid for one year after issuance, after which it must be renewed.
5. Your medical cannabis card is only valid in the state in which it was issued and not in other states, even if there is a medical cannabis program.
Checklist for Medical Cannabis Reservations
After making an appointment to be evaluated for your doctor’s medical recommendation, there are a few things you should definitely bring with you. This will help you prepare as best as possible and make sure your appointment goes as smoothly as expected. Make a few notes about important items you need to bring with you before your appointment. Also, if you see a new doctor, don’t forget to bring your medical history to review while they examine you for medical marijuana evaluation.
Photo ID/ID: Please bring one of the following to prove your identity at the time of booking: a current valid state driver’s license or current valid state ID card, current county-issued ID card, passport, and proof of residence (current utility bill, mortgage statement or bank statement, etc.).
Medical Records: This includes any recent medical records you have, prescriptions you are currently using, results of any tests, including X-rays or blood tests, and information about your most recent doctor.
Payment method: You must bring a credit or debit card or cash to pay for your reservation.
Other: To obtain a medical cannabis card, if you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or proof that you are emancipated.